A New Blog Addition to our Family

A New Blog Addition to our Family
Capturing our 2010...one photo at a time

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Glitter Christmas


I have been all about glitter this Christmas season...so much so I am over it now. It started when I had Ally and Abby over for a playdate, and I was telling her about how I glittered pumpkins last year for fall decor, and now I was trying to think of something to glitter for Christmas. So, Ally said, "Do Christmas trees...", so that's how the Christmas craft began and let me tell you how big of a pain in the butt it was, but in the end I love how it turned out. First, on my list was to find styrofoam cones in all sizes....I never thought styrofoam and still don't know why it is a little pricey...well, if you go to Michael's it is, but thank goodness for Hobby Lobby. Then it was to find different colors of green glitter...no one had it. So I thought my craft was over, but thanks to ebay it was back on. Once the glitter came in, it was time to glitter the trees. Uck! It was such a mess, the special glue for styrofoam was so thick it took forever to apply it, and then I ran out of glitter, so had to order more and wait for it to come in and finish. I finally had enough of glittering, but still needed more trees, so I went out and bought the silver trees to finish it off. To finish the glitter theme off, I found glitter green ornaments, and ended up making the living room a green and silver theme and the kitchen area a pink, red, and white theme....I LOVE IT. Thank you Ally, for helping me with my glitter Christmas :).
P.S. I is so weird, in an awesome way, to see 4 stockings up...I know we are a family of 4, but it sets it in and makes you say oh yeah, we are. We are so happy and blessed to have our little "A" with us this Christmas... last year around this time we found out he was going to be an Alexander and not an Alexandria. How the time flys?!

0 comments: