A New Blog Addition to our Family

A New Blog Addition to our Family
Capturing our 2010...one photo at a time

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy Birthday, Brayden!!

Wow, my little boy is now 2! It's a whole new world for him now compared to 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago. It's very bittersweet to watch your children grow up...I think the bitter part is really just how fast it goes, and know to seriously cherish every minute. It only seems and feels like yesterday that I was holding and seeing my little boy for the first time, boy, how time flys. Now this year, not only is he another year older and a bit more wise, but he has one more person in his life to watch him celebrate, his brother. I never knew the love a parent has for their own child til I had Brayden, and boy did it knock me off my feet. He is our little "surprise" blessing...I never knew I wanted something so bad, but apparently God did, and gave me the best little boy ever. There hasn't been a day that B-boy hasn't put a smile on our face, even on his most trying days he does something that Wally and I just shake our heads and laugh at. It's so amazing to see him today as a little man who now has his own thoughts, his own voice, his own opinions, and one amazing personality. I can't believe one day that this little snuggle bug will be 15 and will tower over me, be almost as tall as Wally, and have girls calling asking for my little boy...scary to think.

So I wish the HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY to our little boy today. As he enjoys the day, I will constantly be thinking back to just 2 years ago with only hours away from finally getting to meet my baby boy. In fact at this time 2 years ago, 7:35 a.m., we were on our way up to the hospital, and I was crying, scared of not what we were about to become, parents, but scared thinking about having to get this little boy out, and knowing I couldn't just wiggle my nose and there he is. WE LOVE YOU, BRAYDEN, & HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SWEET BRAYDEN. I cannot believe you are two years old already. On this date, two years ago, we were all at the hospital awaiting your arrival. What an exciting day that was. I love you so much and I am so proud of the amazing young boy that you are. I will see you later to bring you your birthday gift. MUAH(kiss. Love Grammy

The Spaulding Family said...

Happiest Birthday, our sweet Nephew. We love you and we are so happy to be a part of your life. You are a blessing and what joy you have brought to all of us! Eat lots of cake, make a mess and enjoy this year of being 2 whole years old. We love you bunches and bunches, Aunt Ya-Ya, Uncle Ron and Cousin Sadie-Bear