A New Blog Addition to our Family

A New Blog Addition to our Family
Capturing our 2010...one photo at a time

Friday, April 24, 2009

Dory....our new fish

RIP Shamu :(
Welcoming Dory


So, the day before the Sip and See, I gave Shamu a clean tank, clean water, and some new food, and did everything like I have always done before....well, the next morning Shamu was in a permanent sleep. Our plan was to get another fish that looked like Shamu and just switch them out and Brayden would never know. But A) I never had the alone time to go to the fish store, and B) it was in my heart to just be honest with him that Shamu had past away (knowing one day I would be able to go to the store and switch something out). So I told Brayden and he seemed ok with it and happy that Shamu was with God now in fishy heaven (he is still a 3 year old), then it was "can we get another fish". So after a visit to the pet store, we now have Dory, who...hmmmm... looks a little like Shamu (Brayden had completely decision on which one we picked out). I was also so close to getting a salt water tank after seeing Alex all excited with seeing a real life Nemo, but remembering how not excited I was to have to get another fish to only clean up after, I didn't want to deal with a salt water tank...oh, but it was close.

0 comments: