A New Blog Addition to our Family

A New Blog Addition to our Family
Capturing our 2010...one photo at a time

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wedding Reception... Egyptian Style

Cousins...Mariam and Alex

Noora and Brayden, the DJ was testing music, so it was loud

Getting Alex to dance...needed to warm up

Daddy & Brayden

Uncle Ihab and Alex

Brayden shakin' it

Breaking it down

Alex being a mess

Boys dancing around on the dance floor

Alex & Aunt Nehal

Uncle Ihab and B-boy

More dancing

Alex loved the belly dancer

Can't get enough

Soooooo SWEET!!

Brother Love

The night has come to an end :(



Sunday evening, we went to a small wedding reception at Al Amir, a Mediterranean restaurant in Addison. Knowing it was a Mediterranean restaurant, I knew I and the boys would enjoy dinner very much. Seeing as Wally grew up on this food, he get very tired of eating it very quickly, but being married to him I have discovered my LOVE for this food and the boys as well, so it is fortunate and unfortunate for Wally at times. Back to the reception, so the food was good, but it was the entertainment and people that made the night, especially for the boys. Lots of dancing, which Brayden got to put his moves to work on the dance floor, even Alex busted a few in between running around the restaurant as if he had never had freedom before (which was closed off to the public so he had the freedom to do so). The staff even blew bubbles for the kiddos on the dance floor while the adults were eating, which saved Nehal (my sister-in-law) and myself from meltdowns from some about to be bored kids.

Towards the end of the evening, there was a belly dancer, and if you have seen the boys with the belly dancer, it was hilarious (more than what the pics can show). Alexander, especially, could not and would not leave her alone to even do her dance, so she ended up dancing with him. I was told by everyone I would have my hands full with that one when he got older...yes, I know, I am already scared, even at the grocery store he can pull in the women just sitting in the grocery cart with his snack all over, smiling.

3 comments:

The Spaulding Family said...

What a fun evening...! The boys' faces are priceless...everyone looks great and the joy is contagious. Too fun!!

winnie said...

the boys are so cute, but where's mommy?!

Niki said...

Taking the pics kept me from having to get out on the dance floor :)...so I kept clicking away.