A New Blog Addition to our Family

A New Blog Addition to our Family
Capturing our 2010...one photo at a time

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rollie Pokie

The Roly-Poly
Watching carefully while covered in chalk and mud
Still cute even if they do like bugs!

That is what Brayden calls a roly-poly even after I kept telling him the correct name...I think he just like saying pokie since he would chuckle at himself afterward. I have been letting the boys go out and play in the backyard when I am cooking dinner since the weather has been perfect for that. It occupies them and keeps then from being under my feet in the kitchen, and they LOVE it, mud, bugs and all. So when it was time to round them up for dinner, I saw then staring heavily at the concrete (I knew then it was a bug....GREAT). Thank goodness it was just a roly-poly (I can handle this bug). Alex was really intrigued by this little bug, and Brayden was hesitant til he saw Alex trying to touch it and mom wasn't freaking out :). I'm sure this is tame compare to what I get to look forward to in the future. I will survive as long as they remember to shut the door behind them and not let a wasp in like Brayden did last year while Wally was golfing.

0 comments: