A New Blog Addition to our Family

A New Blog Addition to our Family
Capturing our 2010...one photo at a time

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Only In Texas...

Will you have a tornado siren going off at 11 p.m. one night in December, and freezing temps the next day. Yes, we had some bad thunderstorm come through last night, woke Brayden up crying, so brought him back to bed with us. I turned on the tv just to make sure we were ok and no warnings were posted (ever since last spring and having the siren go off 3 times, thunderstorms, especially at night makes me nervous, and last night solidified that feeling). Nothing on tv, just a strong storm passing through, so I cuddled under the covers with my little boy and hubby. Just as I was almost asleep and finally able to tune out the heavy breathing from my 3 year old, the sirens go off. What in the world?! Great! Our go-to closet for times like these is now my hide away stash for the boys gifts. Wally turned on the tv and I went to the window to look for this tornado, and the weather man said it was in Allen where the are seeing rotation. So in the clear, and never had to wake Alexander who slept through the whole ordeal, and the boys never had to see their toys being thrown out of the closet to get us to safety. Again, just gotta love Texas weather.


I will post more, just been super busy with holiday stuff and orders.

0 comments: